Healing From the Dysfunctional Family - Lesson 04
by Dr. Ray Self
Beware of Schemes
Click Play in the video player window and follow along on the class notes below.
Definition - a systematic plan for a course of action
Satan has a systematic plan designed specifically for your harm.
The primary purpose is to thwart your God-given purpose and enable a Satanic designed purpose to emerge.
It is customized specifically for you.
It will accentuate any weakness and constantly affirm itself.
The scheme’s vehicle of operation will include your family and friends.
Family and friends typically do not know that they are being used to facilitate your personal scheme.
Because schemes are systematic they will repeat themselves constantly through the lives of the victims.
Christians are especially targeted with schemes. That is why the Lord tells us not to be caught unaware. 2 Corinthians 2:11 - so that no advantage would be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his scheme.
A scheme can begin through open doors. A doorway for a scheme can be a traumatic event, a judgment or vow, rebellion toward God, participation in the occult, even through ancestral sin and many other avenues.
A scheme can begin in the womb such as an unwanted pregnancy.
Schemes come in many shapes and forms and can come in through many different ways.
When the Lord reveals a personal scheme He will give you authority to overcome it.
The first battle to win is the battle in the spiritual realm.
Ephesians 6:12 - For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
The reason we put on the armor of God is that we are in a spiritual battle.
Ephesians 6:11- Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
In a sense spiritual battles are the easiest ones. The spiritual realm is real but our authority over demons is also real.
James 4:7 - Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Mark16:17 - "These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons,"
The battle that many people fail to win is the battle over their flesh.
You can cast out demons but you cannot cast out yourself.
The battle for the flesh can be won with help from the Holy Spirit.
Romans 8:12-13 - So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh; for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
A scheme is a life time plot against you by Satan, designed specifically for your harm.
- The number one purpose of a scheme is to stop your divinely created purpose.
- The scheme is customized for each individual - Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon that is formed against you will prosper.
- A scheme tends to repeat itself over and over all during a person’s life.
- When a scheme is effective Satan will use it again and again.
Types of schemes:
- Spirit of fear
- Self hatred
- Unloving Spirit
- And many more
To break a scheme:
- Recognize it
- Confess Christ
- Repent of sin
- Ask for and receive forgiveness for our part
- Forgive yourself and others
- Renounce any doorway such as contact with the occult
- Pray for the scheme to be broken
- Believe you have received and stand firm in faith
- Define the term scheme in the context of this lesson.
- Why are family and friends sometimes used to facilitate schemes?
- Do you know what the scheme is in your life? How do you plan to break it?
- List some other possible schemes.