by Dr. Nina Gardner
1. 2 Timothy 4:2 “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.”
2. Preach the Word, not just idle talk. And always be ready to present the gospel.
3. If necessary, reprove, rebuke, or exhort – but do it with longsuffering and sound doctrine.
4. 2 Timothy 4:5 “But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.”
5. Learn to be aware of your natural surroundings, but more so be aware the Spirit realm.
6. Don’t think it strange if you have to endure afflictions.
7. Leave no room for a reproach.
8. 2 Timothy 4th chapter also gives other things to consider for those who endeavor to do the work of an evangelist.
9. 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
10. An evangelist must have the ability to fight by the spirit – they are a spiritual warrior.
11. They are not quitters, they will endure to the end.
12. 2 Timothy 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.
13. Guard against discouragement when some people get disgruntled and leaves you.
14. Some may depart for other reasons, but keep the faith.
15. 2 Timothy 4:11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.
16. Learn to embrace newcomers, don’t get frozen in what used to be.
17. 2 Timothy 4:12 And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus
18. Learn when others are ready to move on and release them with blessings.
19. 2 Timothy 4:13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.
20. Paul only requested the necessary things, such as a Bible, books, or coats for traveling.
21. 2 Timothy 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:
22. Do not bring false accusations for people who do you wrong.
23. 2 Timothy 4:15 Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.
24. Confrontations will occur, but it’s how you handle it that counts.
25. 2 Timothy 4:16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.
26. 2 Timothy 4:17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
27. 2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
28. An evangelist must have the ability to keep the faith despite the hardships.
29. They must keep going when all others have forsaken them, or to keep going when those you have labored with have betrayed you before they forsook you.
30. In the midst of the hardships, know when to change traveling companions – what is profitable and what is not.
31. Stay reading the Word of God daily though you may not research.
32. Stand when people do you much evil and not curse them.
33. Confront – or to stand when people are confronting you.
34. Stand when no man stands with you and not lay it at their charge and know that Jesus is with you.
35. Understand and know that the Lord stands with you and will strengthen you that the word will be preached in power until everyone will hear the gospel.
36. Know that the Lord will deliver them from every evil work and bring no accusations.
37. Know that God is the only one that can preserve you from the evil for His Kingdom’s sake.