Seed Wars - Lesson 05
by Steve Wittmann
The Angelic View & Extra Biblical Texts
Click the play button to begin video lesson and follow along with the class notes below the video window. When you complete this video, click the "Lesson Assignment" button at the bottom of this page to open the lesson assignment.
The Sons of God
“Sons of God” is Bene Ha'elohim pronounced “beni-ha-ello-heem” in Hebrew. It is only used in reference to a direct creation of God.
Sons of Adam = ben-'adam
If the sons of God as seen in Genesis 6 were anything other than angelic beings, the scriptures would say so by identifying them as sons of Adam or sons of Seth. Instead, we see a consistent use of the phrase “Bene HaElohim” describing beings that are a direct creation of God.
Sons of God in the Old Testament
Sons of God in Scripture (Old Testament) – Each appearance of the phrase sons-of-God in the old testament clearly describes angelic beings.
- Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
- Gen 6:4 (TNIV) The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of the human beings and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
- Job_1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
- Job_2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
- Job_38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Sons of God in the New Testament
Confusion in interpreting the phrase Bene Ha'elohim arises when considering the use of the phrase in the New Testament where we see several references to man as sons of God.
- Joh_1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
- Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
- Php_2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
- 1Jn_3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
- 1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Direct Creations of God
It is not until one considers the nature of redemption in Christ do we understand that we are new creations, born of incorruptible seed through Christ and thereby direct creations of God and no longer sons of Adam. As new creations, those in Christ are the sons of God. So we see that in both the old and new testaments, the phrase sons of God is always used to identify beings that are a direct creation of God and as such we know for certain that the use of sons-of-god in Genesis 6 clearly identifies angelic beings and not sons of Seth.
Keeping Women Protected
Knowing it was not God’s will that angels take human women for wives, Paul clarifies God’s role for women and warns of keeping women protected from the angles in 1Co 11:8-10.
1Co 11:8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
1Co 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
1Co 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
Nephilim & the Giants
As we briefly saw last lesson, modern science has demonstrated mixing species one with another to produce a giant. With scientific understanding, this is not a work of magic but rather definable biology. By removing the gene responsible for controlling growth, the organism does not receive the “stop growing” signal and continues to grow.
Nephilim – Commonly called “the fallen ones” is not accurate.
From Greek “gigantes” from which root “gigas” means “earth born.”
Several tribes of Nephilim are identified in the bible. They are:
- Descendants of Anak of the Nephilim (Numbers 13:33)
- The Emim, like the Anakim and counted as Rephaim (Deu 2:10,11)
- The Zamzummin (Due 2:20-21)
King Og’s Bed
Deu 3:11 (For only Og king of Bashan was left of the remnant of the Rephaim. Behold, his bedstead was an iron bedstead; it is in Rabbah of the sons of Ammon. Its length was nine cubits and its width four cubits by ordinary cubit.)
King Og’s bed was almost 15’ 6” long and its width 6” 10”
Assuming King Og was slightly shorter than his bed, Og would have been about 15’ tall.
The Height of Cedars
Amo 2:9 “Yet it was I who destroyed the Amorite before them, Though his height was like the height of cedars And he was strong as the oaks; I even destroyed his fruit above and his root below."
“Cedar trees will usually grow to a height of up to fifty feet, but others can reach one hundred or more feet in height.” – About Cedar Trees
“The cedars of Lebanon grow very high, sometimes to a height of 120 feet.” – Living Bible Studies
Num 13:27 Thus they told him, and said, "We went in to the land where you sent us; and it certainly does flow with milk and honey, and this is its fruit.
Num 13:28 "Nevertheless, the people who live in the land are strong, and the cities are fortified and very large; and moreover, we saw the descendants of Anak there.
Num 13:29 "Amalek is living in the land of the Negev and the Hittites and the Jebusites and the Amorites are living in the hill country, and the Canaanites are living by the sea and by the side of the Jordan."
Num 13:30 Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses and said, "We should by all means go up and take possession of it, for we will surely overcome it."
Num 13:31 But the men who had gone up with him said, "We are not able to go up against the people, for they are too strong for us."
Num 13:32 So they gave out to the sons of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, "The land through which we have gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size.
Num 13:33 "There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight."
The Diminishing X Chromosome
Theologians disagree on single or multiple angelic incursions. I believe there was only one angelic incursion. Those that support the multiple-incursions interpretation, argue that there were giants after the flood, therefore there must have been a second incursion, but I think what we’re seeing is the diminishing X chromosome. Remember from lesson one that the X chromosome recombines to weed out defects. We know that Noah and his generations were pure because scripture is clear on that, we therefore know that Noah and his sons provided pure male Y chromosomes that do not recombine. Their wives, coming from the gene pool God declared corrupt, appear to have carried Nephilim seed in their X chromosomes, however recombination would purge the defect over subsequent generations.
Perfect in His Generations
Gen 6:9, (KJV) These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
“Perfect” is sometimes interpreted to mean righteous before God.
“Perfect” is the Greek word Tamiym “Taw-meem” which is the same word used to describe the “red heifer” in Numbers 19:2
A Holy Cow
Numbers 19:2 – The word blemish (tamiyn) is the same word applied to Noah.
Num 19:2 This is the ordinance of the law which the LORD hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke:
From Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge: a red heifer: The following curious particulars have been remarked in this ordinance:
- A heifer was appointed for sacrifice, in opposition to the Egyptian superstition, which held these animals sacred, and worshipped their goddess Isis under this form; and this appears the more likely, because males only were chosen for sacrifice. So Herodotus says, they sacrifice males, both old and young; but it is not lawful for them to offer females.
- It was to be a red heifer, because the Egyptians sacrificed red bulls to the evil demon Typhon.
- It was to be without spot, having no mixture of any other colour. The Egyptians "sacrifice red bulls, and select them with such scrupulous attention, that if the animal has a single black or white hair, they reckon it αθυτον, unfit to be sacrificed."
- Without blemish. (See note on Lev_22:21.)
- On which never came yoke. Because an animal which had been used for a common purpose was deemed improper for sacrifice.
Lev 22:21 – The word blemish (tamiym) is the same word applied to Noah.
Lev 22:21 And whosoever offereth a sacrifice of peace offerings unto the LORD to accomplish his vow, or a freewill offering in beeves or sheep, it shall be perfect to be accepted; there shall be no blemish therein.
God chose Noah because Noah was still unblemished or perfect in his generations meaning that Noah’s seed was pure and could carry on the bloodline leading to the Messiah.
Cleansing the Gene Pool
All Flesh is Corrupted:
Gen 6:13 And the Lord God saw the earth, and it was corrupted; because all flesh had corrupted its way upon the earth.
The 7 Nations of Canaan:
Act 13:19 And when he had destroyed seven nations in the land of Chanaan, he divided their land to them by lot.
Angelic Incursion – The Definitions
Tartarus – 2Pe 2:4
- (WNT) For God did not spare angels when they had sinned, but hurling them down to Tartarus consigned them to caves of darkness, keeping them in readiness for judgement.
- (LITV) For if God did not spare sinning angels, but delivered them to chains of darkness, thrust down into Tartarus, having been kept to judgment;
- (JUB) For if God did not forgive the angels that sinned, but cast them down into the deepest abyss [Gr. Tartarus] and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
The Watcher Class Angel
Dan 4:13 I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven;
Dan 4:23 And whereas the king saw a watcher and an holy one coming down from heaven,…
Azazel – Leader & Watcher
Taught metallurgy for the making of weapons.
Enoch 69 – Rafael was told by God to bind Azazel in chains and bury him in a place called Dodael where he’ll remain until judgment and ascribe all sin to Azazel.
Leviticus 16:8,10,20,26 teaches ascribing sin to Azazel by way of a scapegoat.
Lev 16:8 There he shall draw lots, using two stones, one marked "for the LORD" and the other "for Azazel."
Lev 16:10 The goat chosen for Azazel shall be presented alive to the LORD and sent off into the desert to Azazel, in order to take away the sins of the people.
Lev 16:20 When Aaron has finished performing the ritual to purify the Most Holy Place, the rest of the Tent of the LORD's presence, and the altar, he shall present to the LORD the live goat chosen for Azazel.
Lev 16:26 The man who drove the goat into the desert to Azazel must wash his clothes and take a bath before he comes back into camp.
The scapegoat mentioned in Leviticus 16 is part of God’s instructions to the Israelites regarding the Day of Atonement. On this day, the high priest would first offer a sacrifice for his sins and those of his household; then he would perform sacrifices for the nation. “From the Israelite community [the high priest was instructed] to take two male goats for a sin offering and a ram for a burnt offering” (v. 5). The priest brought the animals before the Lord and cast lots between the two goats – one to be a sacrifice and the other to be the scapegoat. The first goat was slaughtered for the sins of the people and its blood used to cleanse the Most Holy Place, the tent of meeting and the altar (v. 20). After the cleansing, the live goat was brought to the high priest. Laying his hands on the scapegoat, the high priest was to “confess over it all the wickedness and rebellion of the Israelites – all their sins – and put them on the goat’s head. He shall send the goat away into the wilderness in the care of someone appointed for the task. The goat will carry on itself all their sins to a remote place; and the man shall release it in the wilderness” (vv. 21-22). Symbolically, the scapegoat took on the sins of the Israelites and removed them (v. 10). For Christians, this is a foreshadowing of Christ. (http://www.gotquestions.org/Azazel-scapegoat.html)
Angles and Demons Are Not the Same
- Angles have bodies or habitation
- Demons are always seeking bodies or habitation
- Jesus said demons return to their home when they enter a man further characterizing demons as disembodied spirits
- Jesus spoke of demons in a place where they find no rest – ie: homeless
- Disembodied spirits that were never meant to be – an abomination with nowhere to go
A Dramatization of the Angelic Incursion
The following is a dramatization of the angelic incursion and combines Genesis Chapter 6, The Book of Enoch, The Book of Jasher, and The Book of Jubilees into a single interpretational dramatization.
- Azazel – An Incursion Leader
- Semjaza – Leader of the Chiefs-of-Ten
- Chiefs-of-Ten – Leader of each group of 10 angels
- The Daughters of Men – Human Women
- The Nephilim or Giants – The Children or Offspring of the Watchers & the Daughters of Men – 1st Generation Nephilim
- Enoch – The Man Who Walked with God, an Arbitrator for the Watchers
- Watchers – A class of angel from which the 200 fallen angels under Semjaza’s command came.
- Noah, the son of Lamech
There Came a Day…
Please watch streaming video to hear the dramatization. No transcript is available.
Genesis 6 shows us a gene-pool problem for both man and animals. God dealt with the problem by separating clean flesh from corrupted flesh and destroying the tainted genes.
Satan was behind the attack on the gene pool as we can see the sons-of-god or fallen angels were organized and knew what they were about to do. In modern terms, the Genesis 6 angelic incursion was a covert black-ops mission to infiltrate enemy territory and destroy the enemy from within with something akin to gene-warfare.